You see it starts out as a bolero... but I had to adjust it SO many times it ended up being a shrug! That's what I get for making something to go with the hateful Vogue pants!!! Which I have decided are okay...
I mean the "shrug" is nice... but some thing I was expecting to take a couple of hours took 3 and half!!!!!
Here's the first thing wrong... I decided to add a lining to it... I wanted it to have more "body"!!! (stupid me!) I can't even go into detail how awful this went... I do not get along with linings. I need to accept this....
After getting the lining worked out... I go to attach the collar... now I don't know what happened but this collar was about 5 inches to short!!! What did I do wrong??? I admit I didn't follow directions.. I mean its just a bolero... what could go wrong??? Right! Anyways I make sure I cut out the right collar, checked directions... nothing wrong. It should have fit! In the pictures on the instrutions the collar fits!!!!
I cut some off the jacket... its still looking good... and I attach the collar... good!
Then I have this fabulous ideal! I'll make some binding from the pants fabric to go around the edges instead of using ribbon.... this was a huge mistake!!! The pants fabric was way to thick to be binding!!! it was hideous. If I had be on Project Runway Micheal Kors would have turned up his nose at me and said "it just looks so homemade" and Nina would say "its just so poorly constructed" and Heidi would have said "you're out!"
In a moment of weakness I cut the whole thing up to the collar,,, finished it with a rolled hem using some metallic thread. DONE!!! Now its a shrug!
THEN... I turned on the mighty embroidery machine and added some 9mm decorative stitching to the collar and the sleeves.... and I'm happy with it..... so long as no one sees the lining!!!!