Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snow and a Costume

This is what we woke up to here in K-Town today... it was my poodles 1st snow... Be'Be' run back in the house but as you can see Lil' Pac here is loving it!

So this morning I finished up another one of my "hired" projects...
Pretty, isn't it? She wants to trim and decorate it herself. She just needed me to construct it for her...




Gathered halter bra top.. straight skirt with gathers on one side down the hip... the other side just has gathers above the slit, darts for shaping on the backside, invisible zipper....
This skirt is actually a BWOF pattern.. altered ofcourse!

The only thing I don't like about it is the fake ties she wanted at the back of the halter and the back hanging down... but whatever.. its her costume!
I think she is going to trim and decorate it with AB crystals.. it will be stunning on her!


I have another hired project (actually I have several!!) but its my turn for something!!! Esp. since the Bald Man is on his way to Chatt-Town with his Lacrosse team for a game... and won't be back till about 8:30 tonight... which... gives me extra time to sew today!!!

5 comments:

Audrey said...

The snow photo is really pretty. Living in Santa Barbara, we just don't have snow.

Rose said...

very nice work! You might want to look at some of the designs from Eman Zaki - she does a lot of minimalism dance costume (minimalist in the sense that it's not overloaded with rhinestones, but the rhinestones are elegantly placed/draped. (http://www.emanzaki.com/gallery2.html and http://www.cairocouture.com/HOME.html ). I can't wait to see your finished interpretation! Once I get a decent picture, I'm posting my Jalie Polo shirt/Balady dress interpretation!

Cennetta said...

When will the snow stop? We got some on Tuesday and are expecting more tomorrow. SPRING! SPRING!

Great Costume.

Anonymous said...

We only had rooftops dusted on this side of town. Crazy considering we're only about 10 minutes apart!
Ask K~ to take pics when she's done embellishing!
Rach

Angelia said...

No more snow! Its all melted... but still freezing here!
Thanks for your comments on the costume!!