Monday, March 3, 2008

Coyote Ugly Belly Dancing!

Saturday night I worked at Mirage... it started off slow then really picked up as up can see in the pic above... the cute little Arabic dude is getting ready to do one of his many "money showers"!
I really love it when they do that!



After I had got done dancing me n' The Bald Man were hanging out at the bar enjoying a glass of wine and a hookah.
There had been a Arab-American dinner event in town that night and a couple of the band members had come in the restaurant with some of my favorite local Arabic customers...
They came over to the bar and asked me if I would put my costume back on and dance for them.... I really didn't want to... but these guys are very good costumers... and very good tippers!!! I gave him my price... he handed over the cash... so by 2am I was in costume and dancing for the locals and the guys from Detroit!


The guys (and the girl!) decided I should dance on the table... I protest,,, not because I'm uptight about it... I don't care to.... there are many restaurants where the bellydancers always get up and dance on the table , like Taverna Planka in ATL... but their tables are made for people to dance on top of! These are not!!!






So... this is about 3am... they're clapping, trying to get me up on this table!
And they have been tipping me very, very generously... on top of what he paid up front... which wasn't a real low price....
One of the Arabic dudes jumps up on the table and shows me its ok... it won't break.... the girl with them, who always so sweet, holds the table for me...



And yep! here I am on the table... feeling like I'm at a Turkish or Greek restaurant instead of Arabic!!!
And kinda feeling all Coyote Ugly... but in a better outfit....
hahaha! I was up there maybe a minute! I see the Bald Man laughing at me!
The Arabic dude helps me down... they are happy.... and they tip some more....
3:30.... last dance!!! I am done for the night.
All day Sunday I am beat! I haven't danced that much since I worked at the posh Imperial Fez in Atlanta... when I was like 25!

Thanks to Coyote Ugly Belly Dancing and these party time Arabic people I have earned quite enough spending money for the Atlanta Sewing Expo trip me and my mom are leaving for on Wed! So the Bald Man is VERY happy... his credit cards are safe for this trip!

5 comments:

Alexandra said...

Great pictures! You look like you were having fun! Money for the Expo is good to have - lots of temptation there.

Rach said...

WOOT-WOOT!!! Go Arella for redeeming the slandered local talent!!! So wish I had been there! Alas, I'm semi-fluing/mega-colding so I'd have just been complaining about the volume while holding my head... and you were soooo better dressed than Coyote Ugly!

A. Lilly said...

Wow...good for you, you looked like you were having fun and you looked dang good at it! If I did that I'd have to spend the rest of the week in bed! lol!

laura said...

You gotta love tips! The restaurant where I waitress is an old inn and therefore 'fine dining'. Every now and then if we get a group of men who like to have fun and start joking with me, I tell them that the management told me I'm not allowed to dance on the tables anymore. The old guys love it and I usually do pretty well tip wise!

Faye Lewis said...

I'm planning on going to the Expo too! Glad you earned extra cash to spend!!!