Saturday, March 1, 2008

The RTW Copied OutFit!


I wanted a new outfit to wear out last night... so I made one.... I even made a leather jeans tag! And I took pictures as I copied the jeans for some of you who requested I do so... I just have to try and put them in order now! These jeans are copied from the pants below with the leather detail... They have always been a favorite pair but not a pair I can wear often because of the leather... So my copied pair is much more casual... not wild about my denim choice... but as I've complained before... I need a good denim source!!! And cuter rivets.... The shirt also a copied fav.. was really easy to copy.. didn't take that long to make the pattern pieces and it sewed up fast! The original shirt has the lace inset, which I didn't do... again I was trying to make it more casual... The Bald Man says there's nothing casual about my copied shirt. I think maybe its alittle more though.... I love the fabric used for it... 4 way stretch, with a glitter sheen!




Original pants on the left here... copied pair to the right....



The fit is alittle different in mine because I didn't use stretch denim which is what the originals are... still a good fit though... better than I would have got using a pattern!




I very happy with my results!!! And going through my closet to see what I could copy next!!! Since I started doing this copy rtw thing I look at my existing clothes like they're potential patterns now!!
I have some sew time today... and I might bring out the pattern stash... or maybe a BWOF... don't know.... decisions!!! I have quite a few RTW shirts that I love and would love to have in different colors and fabrics... sewing is just SO FUN!

6 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

I'm really excited that you have decided to share your pictures on copying your RTW garments! I would really love to learn to do that. Your jeans look and fit GREAT! And I just LOVE your tops. Congrats on a job WELL done.

Alexandra said...

Great details, down to the leather tag! The open sleeves of your shirt are beautiful and very feminine. I seem to recall a similar design in a Burda WOF a few years ago - time to dig through the stash.

Rach said...

Lovely da-aling! I think it is a little more casual -- tell BaldMan that there are different realms of casual. This top is club-cas but not hockey-game cas... where the original was more business cas -- definitely a mid-level casual!

LauraLo said...

Beautiful outfit, Angelia! Love how your jeans look, very nicely done!

laura said...

If I could do that, I'd never buy another pattern! I need new jeans in the worst way. I may give your method a try if you end up posting the technique that you're using! You did a great job!

Mary E said...

I am absolutely looking forward to your pics of your copying. Georgene's tip is great, but I would surely like pics! I have some jeans too that need copying before they self destruct.