Monday, April 7, 2008

Next Project!

Well, I have been working on a BWOF 5/03 denim dress the last 2 days and should finish it up tomorrow... I typically don't make dresses... but I had this denim I ordered for Denver Fabrics... hoping it would be "up to standard" for jeans. It was not.
There was no way this denim would hold its shape with all the wear and tear I put on jeans.
But for a dress it should be fine... Pics of the dress soon!

************************************************************************************

Next in the world of jeans... I am again taking apart old jeans to make new ones so I can make them with good quality denim. Jeans aren't hard to make but the are time consuming and I can't stand the thoughts of making another pair with crappy denim!

The next pair I do I think I would like to do some hand painting on them like the example below.... Aren't these HOT! I'll probably have a waist band on mine ... since I make most of my jeans low rise anyways.. if I removed the waist band they would be 'butt crack low'... not pretty!!! Great ideal if your pants are to high waisted though!


Look at the new lovely Allen B's.... I want these SOOOOO bad I can't stand it !!! The cheapest I've found them is $150 on ebay... so I must try and make some like this SOON!
I think I would like to make them in black denim with the black lace...
Something to think about...

2 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

What style are you making the denim dress?

Rach said...

That's awesome! I have a couple pairs of jeans that are too high-waisted (not pretty on a short-waisted gal such as me.) I wonder if they'll stay up without the waistband tho'; I'll have to try & let you know... after the show, of course -- everything but my kids must are 'after the show' these days...