Friday, May 2, 2008

I need help!

Ok.... I'm making this top from a vintage simplicity pattern (could the collar BE any bigger? I love it!) I'm using the vintage fabric Mom got me at the flea market last week... I can't decide if I should leave it like it is or add this ribbon down the front???

I can usually decide things pretty easy when it comes to design and embellishment...
But I'm lost on this!
I like it the way it is.... but then ... oh I don't know!!
Please help! What do y'all think???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know--I like the ribbon, but in the photo it makes it look kinda country/western....

I'm sure I'll see you wearing it tonight. (I'm now sticking my tongue out at you like the hater I am!!)

Sonja

Rach said...

I think the ribbon fits with the big collar... but it's still pretty darn cute without the ribbon so I think you're safe either way...

Michelle said...

i'd leave the ribbon off ,let the fabric speak for itself:)

Sheila said...

I don't know much about vintage fabric, but what I can say is I like it. I agree with Michelle about the ribbon. Great blouse.

BTW: I ordered a Hoola Hoop... ohh yes I did.

Paula said...

That fabric has a lot to say, I don't think you need the ribbon at all.

laura said...

The majority speaks, I'd leave the ribbon off. And your right, that collar couldn't be much bigger! (Yes I'm out to sea right now and taking advantage of some internet access).