Saturday, September 6, 2008

All I'm working on and the Salsa dance dress in Action!

LONG POST!



What I worked on yesterday... lets see I'll start with this....
I am embroidering my Bald Man a shirt.... he's lost 25 lbs now (yay! Raw!) and alot of his clothes are not fitting!

This shirt was plain and I'm trying to make it Fab... so far he's loving it!
He needs nice, one of a kind stuff to wear too!















One of the many wonderful things about having an embroidery machine is while its working and doing its thing... you can be making other things... more things!!!

I love multi-tasking....

You can't really tell to the left but this is an outfit for Rach...
she wanted a wrap skirt and shirt out of the left over fabric from her costume... she didn't have enough for a shirt but I had this light wt. brown stretch in my stash... then coordinated the decorative stitch on top and bottom...
now she has an 'outfit'! I'll post a pic of her in it soon!








Also while the embroidery machine was busy I cut out my next "me" project.... now don't laugh!!

I'm making a raincoat... using this vintage patten from my grandmothers old pattern stash... I needed a pattern with a hood and thought this looked simple enough....

and what am I making the rain coat out of??? I'm using is this vinyl poodle fabric!!!

I don't know if this is going to work ... but I have 5 yrds of this stuff... I bought it pretty cheap...

And I need a rain coat for our up coming trip to Panama!!! Its the rainy season there...


FREE LACE

I don't mean this lace was free... I mean I made this lace using a technique called Free Lace and thats the name of the book too....

Isn't is lovely??? I made this during my breaks from making the Rhythm/Salsa Dress. Funny how I take sewing breaks to sew other things...

Anyways...It was a process!!! I should have taken pictures of all I had to do to get it to this stage.... maybe next time.

I want to make a long coat out of the free lace too!







Here I am... in my Free Lace short cape and a BWOF dress I made last year.... ready to go out and see Beautiful Melanie dance!!


DANCE PARTY
I have never been to a Ballroom dance party... these people went all out! Decorations, refreshments... and all kinds of dancing... we even saw some tango!! The Bald Man and I took Tango lessons about 2 yrs ago... we were terrible at it... and don't remember any of it!!!





To the left, here I am with one of the dance instructors who insisted I get up and try to dance... though I had no clue what I was doing.... I'm pretty sure I looked like a dork...

But it was fun... or should I say funny for the Bald Man to watch!!! lol!


I would really like to learn to dance like this... so after our Panama trip me and the Bald Man are signing up for lessons!










Now here's what we really wanted to see... Melanie doing her Rhythm dance...
and doing her dance in the dress I made her ofcourse!!!
She was awesome!!!!










I wish we could have gotten better pics!!
I can't believe she's not been dancing that long... ofcourse she does this like 5 or 6 days a week!!!
And some people just have "it" ya know!
She dances like a dream! So pretty and smooth!!






Absolutely gorgeous.... no I'm not just talking about the dress I made!! Lol!
She's the one that makes the dress look amazing.




Anyways... I'm so proud of Melanie for dancing so good!!! and so happy she hired me to make her dress!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks awesome! And so does that dress!!!!!

Sonja

Sheila said...

WoW you have been super busy.. I was gawking at the lace OmGoodness its to delicate looking & pretty, interested in how you worked that up.

Looking forward to your rain coat, that should be great garment for Panama.

Your friend is defintely working that outfit - you did a superb job.

laura said...

You look like a 40's siren in that dress and that is a really great color on you. You did a fantastic job on that dress you made for the dancer, do you even use patterns for those outfits?! I would love to be able to take ballroom dancing classes; maybe next year!

Rach said...

OH MY GOD!!! She's gorgeous -- of course, we knew she'd be HAWT in that dress!!!
So, I remember seeing pieces of the free lace when I was over there recently and I wondered what it was... I LOVE IT!!! You're so awesome... but we knew that too!
For the record, I am being completely sincere and not at all smoozing because of the wrap outfit, on the contrary, I'm excited about the wardrobe infusion because you're so exquisitely fabulous!

Faye Lewis said...

oooooooooooo I love those sleeves!

LauraLo said...

Love the bolero, it's really beautiful. I also love the Salsa dress, very nice and very hot on her. But most of all, you look beautiful - love your new haircut and I think you lost weight too.