Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Bald Man gets a shirt and a new purse on the way!

Here's just a couple of things I worked on last week....
All these little embroidered things will be washed to get the water soluble stabilizer out, joined together, lined and made into a purse... Sounds and looks crazy... yes... but the pic in this book proves it can be done and its beautiful!!!
This is really a great book with lots of ideals. Also has a CD of designs for the projects pictured and great instructions! I can't wait to get me "sassy handbag" all put together...

While the embroidery machine was busy with the above project... I was busy with the Bald Man's new shirt.

Pattern used: The Islander Shirt Pattern...


Ofcourse I had to add an embroidered cross to it!
I had never made a mens button up shirt before... and honestly its been along time since I've made a womens button up shirt! This pattern had super clear instructions! I really had no problems getting it together
The Bald Man is a pretty big man and its hard to find patterns to fit his wide shoulders! But Islander patterns are sized up to 4XL and very generous! Fitting wasn't a problem!




As you can see he's one happy man! He loves the clothes I make him... and I love making him clothes... making him clothes gives me a HUGE advantage when I want another machine or if I want to upgrade a machine!!! lol!!! Like I'm doing very soon!!!
I also made myself 2 new outfits and a bolero jacket for a client.... I'll post very soon!

3 comments:

laura said...

Great job on the shirt! Your Bald Man must get a kick out of telling people his BBD makes some of his clothes. I'm anxious to see what kind of purse you're going to make out of all those pieces. My machine is capable of doing embroidery but my thread constantly wants to shred and I think it needs to be looked at. Ouch.

Lory said...

You did awesome on that shirt! I've never made a man's shirt because they look so complex to me....

I wanna see that purse! I haven't seen a purse made like that.

Hugs,
Lory

Faye Lewis said...

Great shirt, you really take care of the bald man - good girl!