Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Yoda Blazer... and a top that barely made it

Kwik Sew 3485
The first time I've ever made a blazer... and it was pretty easy! Not at all what I expected.... so I should be proud, right????

And I would be proud had my dear husband not asked me to make it with yoda Star Wars fabric!
I have wanted to make a blazer for awhile... and I really wanted to make one in fleece when I saw Kit's from Project Runway for the men's challenge they did! BUT.... not yoda fleece!!!

I mean... just look at it....

And he's so darn happy with it! I guess thats what matters....
and it goes with the yoda hoodie I made him last year and his yoda toboggan! See a pattern here???
From a construction stand point I am really proud of it and want to make him another one in normal fabric! My son has also asked for made of white linen.... to go with his Panama hat! lol!!
But really.. I'm just glad at 14 he's asking me to make him anything to wear! Y'all know how teenagers are sometimes!

Here's a top I made last year from this Silhouettes pattern... we'll just say it did NOT work out for me... the neckline was seriously jacked up looking on my chest... anyways I removed the neckline and saved the top....
but I thought it needed something around the neck.. it was so plain...
So I turned to the Barbie knitting machine once again which quickly knit up this beautiful red yarn for my neckline!
Oh... and I really need to make another pair of these jeans! I love these and I'm seriously going to wear them out!


On a non-sewing note The Bald Man's aunt Wilma turned 95 last week!!!! Her she is celebrating with her fav drink a Manhattan!! Whew! Thats a real drink!!! a real strong drink!!




Happy Birthday Wilma!!!!

11 comments:

Kembree said...

Get your drink on Wilma! How cute!

laura said...

Great job on the blazer (Yoda or not). About 10 years ago I took a class and made a blazer. Believe it or not it turned out really nice but I've forgotten all the 'techniques' involved. Like how to make the collar to 'roll' properly and there were all kinds of different interfacings etc... If I ever make it to 95 I hope I look as good as Wilma! I hope she had a wonderful birthday.

Lory said...

I would've had such a hard time matching up that print, kudos to you. :):):):)

What a cute lady! Gosh, I wonder if I'll make it to 95...I need to cut back on the junk food, lol. I hope she enjoyed her birthday. :):):):)

hillary said...

that blazer is hilarious! what a creative idea.

hi i am hillary

Alviana said...

what a blazer. interesting.. hehe

nice red top. u look great :)

Dee Light said...

How fun!! A Yoda blazer. Great job.

Shannon said...

LOVE the blazer! That is too cool.

Cindy said...

Great work on the blazer, but OMG! It's hysterical. Do you actually stand next to him when he wears it? LOL Seriously though, you did a great job.

Angelia said...

Thanks for your comments!!!

Rose said...

Wow! What a great job on the blazer. I won't let my son see it -He would beg me for one. Dear husband looks very happy with it. Thanks for sharing the Silhouette problem. I don't have much luck fitting with Peggy's patterns, but I was thinking of trying that one. It does look great on the pattern envelope. I believe I'll skip it. You did a very creative and nice save on the top! It's a pity that I don't like manhattans if they lead to a long life!

Mary said...

You are doing such a great job!!! Love it all.

Rico's aunt is wonderful!

love ya,
Mom