Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goals in Review

Looking back I made ALOT of stuff.... so we won't even talk about all that.
I had some goals last year... did I accomplish all of them? Lets see...

1. Make Jeans yes!!!!!! I made jeans... and then made some more. I have 7 pair of jeans in my closet made completely by me!

2. Learn to make a welt pocket. YES! I took a lesson on learning to do this and I did it.. and added them to a pair of capris I made.

3. Make a garment with bound button holes. no.... and I'm scared of bound button holes still...

4. Make a corset/bustier. YES! and barely made it in time!

5. Make a blazer. Technically yes... I made a blazer. Even if it was out of yoda fleece!

6. Make a mens button up shirt. Yes!!!!!! and it wasn't that hard...

7. Make a skirt or shirt cut on the bias. yes... but I hated it. I made it to small in the bust.

8. Make something by draping. hmmmm.... well, I did make a dress by draping it... and the fit was right on.... I just didn't like the style of it when it was done... so yes

9. Make something from BWOF every month. No... the year started off good.. but then I turned into a slacker.. so I'm adding this back to my goal list this year and if I don't do it then I'm going to stop my subscription..

10. Sew up half of my fabric before buying more. LOL! NO!!!! LOL!!!!

7 out of 10.... not bad! I can do better this year though!

11 comments:

Kembree said...

Ok, so now I need to post some goals... :)

Becky said...

Haha, I just did my goals post. And I'm laughing because I had make jeans on mine too...only I didn't get to that one. So I'm saying it again for this year!

Also laughing at the not-buying-fabric goal-- I think every sewer makes that one and then fails miserably. ;)

Faye Lewis said...

Congratulations on knocking out your 2008 goals....you did GREAT! I'll review my list today for my last post of the year. I'm still working on my last 2008 project, hopefully it will be finished by midnight! Happy sewing in 2009.

Lory said...

Don't worry about the fabric thing. We all say that we won't buy fabric but fall prey to its seduction. It's hard to resist.

7 jeans is lot, wow. 2009 is gonna bring you even more I'm sure. :):):):) Have a great night tonight.

Hugs,
Lory

Corvus said...

I am a master at justifying stashes, be they fabric or yarn. I look at it this way: some people collect stamps. At least my collection has the chance of turning into something useful at some point. Besides, stashes allow -nay, encourage- dreaming, and dreaming has value as far as I'm concerned.

I think I should write up a crafty goal list too. Sounds like fun.

Julia said...

A great idea to have a goals' list. I'll have to think about mine. Bound button holes aren't bad. After all you've made jeans, a blazer, etc.. You can do anything!! Julia

Becky said...

It's more the getting the jeans to fit for me-- I've already tried at least one pattern in a muslin that was a flop. Store-bought jeans never fit me properly either, and I know I'm going to have to do a lot of work in the top of the hips and waistband area to get it right! But once I find a pattern that fits well enough on the rest of my legs to be tweakable for that and get those changes done, I know it'll be fine.

Alexandra said...

You did great on your goals for 2008.
Happy New Year!

Rose said...

Congrats on your goal accomplishments! I can tell from the short time I've been reading your blog that you sew a lot! I'll be looking for those BWOF garments and bound button holes next year. There are jeans in my future but not sure about 7 pairs! I bet you love having them. I guess fabric stashes are just part of this sewing passion.

costume jewelry said...

i think the archive you wirte is very good, but i think it will be better if you can say more..hehe,love your blog,,,

常州麻将 said...

If you could give more detailed information on some, I think it is even more perfect, and I need to obtain more information!
Personalized Signature:金陵热线棋牌游戏中心,名城苏州游戏中心,云南信息港游戏,彭城视窗棋牌游戏中心,江苏互联星空棋牌游戏中心,广西休闲游戏中心,安徽棋牌游戏中心