Friday, January 23, 2009

Bald Man's new shirt, my new Jacket!

My Bald Man's new shirt is Kwik Sew 2561. And he loves it!!! This was so easy to sew! My review from PR is below...... Pattern Description: From the pattern:The Men's pull-over shirt has raglan sleeves. The View A short sleeve shirt has a patch pocket and a V-neckline with a self fabric neckband. The View B short sleeve shirt has a neckband and sleeve bands from ribbing. View A and B have sleeves from a contrast fabric. The View C long sleeve shirt has a neckband and cuffs from ribbing.

Pattern Sizing: I made him an XXL

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?Yes. I made View A

Were the instructions easy to follow?Super easy!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?Nothing at all to dislike

Fabric Used: Jersey and velvet

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:I left off the pocket and put an embroidery cross design in place of it.I also put a design on the sleeve

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?yes and yes!

Conclusion: A super easy shirt for that special man in your life! Easy to customize also! My DH loved this shirt and he'll be getting more for his 2009 wardrobe! Nothing like showing DH how I put my machines to use.. so he doesn't complain when I ask for 'another one'!




Here are some closer pics of the embroidery. I downloaded it for Embroidery Library... love that site!
He will most definitely get more of these shirts! Esp, since I'm trying to make him something every month!
*********************************************
My Crochet Jacket!!! The pattern is from Crochet! magazine, one Sheila sent me!

It was supposed to be longer but I usually like cropped jackets and wear them alot so I kept it short.
It was really easy. Its made up of 4 Lg. , 4 med and 4 small squares... crocheted together and trimmed with fun fur yarn... took me about 5 days I think... love it!!!

Here's a closer look!!!! ..... you'll have to excuse my enthusiasm... as I'm still in shock I can crochet...



And a little necklace I made. My jewelry wardrobe is in need of some new things and I love cross necklaces!!! And though I do not like stringing beads I kinda like working with chains and charms...
Not bad for the first time I've ever made something like this....







This was earlier this week.. yuk! Its warmer now though....
***** Update!****** I am done with Nancy's yellow costume!!! She'll be picking it up sometime next week and has agreed to 'model' it for me and my blog!
I finished my crochet leg warmers!!!! pic very soon!!!
I have 3 basic tops ready to sew... I am in bad need of cute basics!!
And I'm crocheting a cute tie front shrug! whew!
Thats not all... but its a start for the next week ;)

9 comments:

Julia said...

I'd never guess that the shirt wasn't an expensive store bought one. Can't believe you can crochet like that already!! Didn't know you make jewelry too. My gosh, is there anything you don't do? It must be because you got such a good beginning at MVS!!!

Meg said...

The shirt looks great, obviously it is a hit judging by the big grin on his face.

Faye Lewis said...

Girl, you are crocheting up a real storm. I nominated your for a new award, please stop by my blog to pick it up if you have time.

Becky said...

I like the cladaugh! (I think that's how you spell it?) And wow, you're kicking butt at this crochet thing already! Really like your necklace, too!

And I nominated you for a blog award. Details are in my latest post.

Little Sewing Alcove said...

As Julia said, is there anything you can't do? You are awesome...good work.

Sheila said...

First Off... Thank you so much for the award and like you there are so many bloggers that inspire me.

Your dh's shirt is Awesome and the embroidery is right on!... I must get that pattern pronto.

Secondly.. Ms. Angelia you are working that crochet hook. You did a fantastic job. I will be sending you a few more patterns...that I know you will love.

Cennetta said...

That's the cutest little shrug. Love the necklace too.

Kim Gail said...

I love the new shirt, jacket and of course this gorgeous necklace... Great choice...

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色