Monday, January 26, 2009

My B-Day Present from Mom!



Happy Birthday to me!... well my birthday was last Wed. but I just got my B-day present from my mom on Sunday.. which was a crochet book and this beautiful quilt you see pictured to the left here!!!!
The pic is a little dark but the colors are really bright and just lovely in person.
I have a great mom! Its really awesome to get a hand made gift like this!!! Thanks again Mom!
Below is a skirt Mom gave to me that she got from goodwill.... it was plain black... not anymore!
I embroidered these gorgeous peacock feathers on it.
The crochet project below is now complete. Its a simple shrug. I wanted to try something that required me to shape neck and arms.... It turned out good! I need a pic of the completed item!! It only took 2 days to crochet the whole shrug!!!
I also finished 2 much needed basic tops today! I am starting an outfit tomorrow thats going to take awhile and working on 2 crochet projects that are going to take alot longer than my previous crochet stuff. More on them later!

I couldn't resist putting this pic of Be'Be' on here.... she looks so little and cute curled up like this!

10 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Happy Birthday to you - however belated. What a beautiful birthday gift.

Julia said...

Happy Birthday!1 What a gorgeous quilt. I see where you have gotten your talents and creativity!!

laura said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I can't imagine how much thread those peacock feathers took! And the quilt your mother made for you is beautiful.

Julia said...

Thanks for the nomination!! I was shocked! You are not only talented but also so kind. Tell your mom she did a great job raising you! Julia

Kembree said...

Happy Belated!! I love that Peacock skirt! Wow, beautiful work..

Little Sewing Alcove said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! What a gorgeous quilt from your Mom...your very blessed to have someone to share your talents with.

Dee Light said...

Happy Birthday!! Love, love, love the quilt, and isn't good will the best. What a great addition the feathers are.

Lory said...

Happy belated birthday!!! That quilt is gorgeous, you have a great mom. :):):):)

Your dog is too cute. :)

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday!! and the quilt is absolutely goregous. Hoping you had a beautiful birthday and wishing you many more.

Cennetta said...

I know it's late, but I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday, missed this post. I hope you are still enjoying your birthday. God bless! C