Saturday, February 28, 2009

I get new tops, the Bald Man gets a shirt!

Below is Burda 8116. A super easy tank top with a wrap topper. The pants are from BWOF.
This was such an easy pattern!!! I made the below tank and topper in an hour... seriously!
Ofcourse I must say having a cover stitch machine greatly speeds up sewing knits.
In fact the day after I made these... I made 2 more tanks, another topper.... and the below view from the same pattern... a simple mock wrap top. The jeans were made last year from a pattern I copied from rtw.
Anyways for those of you looking for a quick project... gotta get this pattern!

Below here is NL 6429. It was easy too.... I actually made this last fall and never got to wear it... I wore it last night to Latino night at the Fairbanks.... good times! I wouldn't mind making another dress like this in some less 'fancy' fabric.

Another shirt for my Bald Man... this was his B-day present... made once again using that wonderful Islander pattern. I embroidered a cross on the pocket...




Some crosses on the sleeve...



And a bible verse on the back shoulder.....
'If God so clothes the grass of the field, shall he not much more clothe you?' ~Matthew 6:30







I still need to put up a pic of the sweater I crocheted!!!
I have been working on a lace crocheted bolero... its a slow process!!!!
I also made another new shirt yesterday.. need pic of that!
And been working on other peoples stuff...
gotta make back that money I spent in Asheville fabric stores!!! lol!!

13 comments:

Julia said...

I love that dress. The tops and your husband's shirt are nice, too. I think I could wear a dress like that, though. Maybe lengthen the sleeves and length a little. Wrap dresses and tops are flattering even to old ladies like me. You look awesome!! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I felt better after I vented.

laura said...

I really like that first outfit and I love your hair in that picture! Very cute.

Faye Lewis said...

WOW you've been very busy. Love your new garment additions and your new curls.

Lisa H. said...

You have been sewing up a storm.Everything look so nice.Your husbands shirt is really cool.

Laura said...

It is amazing how much you get done! Love it all.

Sheila said...

Your sewing machine needles should be smoking after all those fablous garments.

Faye Lewis said...

Hey curly, I left an award for you on my blog.

Amy said...

Looks like Faye and I have left you the same award!

Julia said...

Check out my blog to see the award I sent your way!

Carol said...

When do you sleep? You've pumped out some amazing work! I love the embroidery on the Bald Man's shirt!

Dee Light said...

What great tops, and I love the shirt you made for "Bald Man". The Bible verse was such a great idea!!

Angelia said...

Thanks for all your comments!!!! I have been staying very busy lately!!

Rose said...

All right, admit it - you have some sewing elves helping you! Your garments look great on you and the bald man (like the curly hair, too. I love the fabric in the New Look dress.