Sunday, March 8, 2009

My First Crochet Sweater!!!

Here's the sweater I finished up a couple of weeks ago. ... which only took me about two weeks to make! No bad, right?
I really enjoyed making this sweater. I love having something to do when my Bald Man is watching a boring action/cop movie. I'm thinking next fall I would like to make one in black, trimmed in a variegated red!! Other news... Me and my new sewing buddy Caryn got together last week and I helped her make a beautiful twist top... need to tell her to send me a pic when she wears it!
And I've been in a "refashion" kind of mood....
post on that soon! I have 3 new outfits to show y'all!
Oh,, and a new yoga outfit... trying to get off my lazy butt and back into yoga with a new outfit!!!
lol! stay tuned to see how that works!

8 comments:

Mom2fur said...

That is so cute! I love to crochet, but never really had much luck with garments. Right now I'm working on a striped baby blanket for a boy. I have vowed not to start any other crochet projects until it is finished!

Rose said...

What a great sweater. It looks so good on you. I have an award for you on my blog

Cennetta said...

So cute! BTW - I nominated you for the Sisterhood Award. Check out by blog!
C

Sheila said...

I am so impressed with your crocheting. The sweater looks great.

Julia said...

I am wowed by your crocheting skills since you just started a few weeks ago!! You are just gifted. You probably had the skills to sew more elaborate things for your son when he was little, but not the time!!!
Thanks for the prayers.

Linda said...

Crocheting and sewing! That's terrific.

Lory said...

oh that's cool, it looks really pretty!!!

I nominated you for the sisterhood award too. :):):)

Hugs,
Lory

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.