Saturday, May 16, 2009

The "Panama Dress"!

Here is my "Panama Dress" from fabric I bought in... yes Panama! Its actually a skirt and top
but it does look like a dress. No pattern, all draped. The skirt is made up of 4 separate long triangle panels that are that are rounded at the bottom. There's ALOT of movement in the skirt.
The top is a fitted band around the waist and the top bust part is only attached in the back and at the sides so the bust part makes a pretty drape and I could get the waist part super tight and fitted.
I hand knit the belt out of some beautiful copper yarn I got up in Philly and attached it to the skirt.
The purse is some fabric I got at the sewing expo last year and is covered in tiny black poodles.
It draws up at the top and through a little black crocheted doily I made that I covered in crystals. The pattern for the purse is called Circle Purse and I can't remember the designer!!!
Someone asked me where I bought this dress when I wore it out last Tues. and yes I beamed when I said "I designed and made it"!!!
Isn't it the best when that happens!!! Here's a pic of the Brides Maid dress I made last month from a vogue pattern that I can't remember... imagine that!
Its turned out well and I'm so glad she sent me a pic.




The BIG project is still in the works.... but getting closer and closer!!!!!

10 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

LOVE that Panama Dress! What type fabric is it?

Julia said...

Ditto on Faye's comment! Love that dress.

laura said...

That is absolutely adorable, you are so talented, and I love the Poodle Purse!

Carol said...

I love the fabric of this dress! You are so very talented. The bridesmaid dress is cute and you did a lovely job on it.

Rose said...

Wow! I love the Panama Dress and purse. Great job!!

Sheila said...

Looooooooooove the Panama dress the colors are awesome. Great job on the bride's maid dress.

Becky said...

Love the Panama "dress"-- great choice of fabric!

Lory said...

Thanks for your kind words on my post. :):):)

You're super skilled at the draping, it looks really pretty. I thought it was a dress too. :) Kudos on the bridesmaid dress, very cute. :)

Hugs,
Lory

DabookLady said...

yummy Panama dress...I love it and the bridesmaid dress turned out superb!!

djStoreRoom said...

Hi. You have been awarded the Lovely Blog Award at http://djstoreroom.blogspot.com!

Happy Sewing!