Sunday, July 19, 2009

Draping Projects and Back yard goodies

I love this summer fabric my mom got me at a sale somewhere!... huge tropical flowers, gold fish.. perfect summery jersey fabric!
I made this by draping on my dress form. Its actually 2 pieces. The top is separate from the dress. Back view... I also used this beautiful red/orange netting to accent the dress.
Below...This fabric was left over from a bellydance costume I made a client. Again made by draping. Darts give it just enough shape... I didn't want a super tight look.
I LOVE to experiment with draping!! Its so fun and makes me feel extra creative..
I also made the necklace I'm wearing... its braided fabric strips, beaded with black and clear crystal beads and a silver cross... and I need a close up of it!


Backyard Bounties!!!!
Check out my Purple Bell Pepper!!!! Its my first pepper of the season.


Scallop squash.. I have so much (anyone know any good recipes???)... MORE zucchini! and MORE cucumbers!..





My 2 little blue berry bushes even gave up a bowl of berries! There were more but I ate them as I picked! heehee



Puppy Update.... Dixie and 2-Pac are best buds now!! Check Dixie out after a play session..
so precious.....










8 comments:

Rose said...

Wow! You are great at draping, gardening, and puppy raising. Congrats on the dress and top. I love both fabrics.

Carol said...

I love both fabrics. The green animal print is a particular favourite. I just made a dress from purple animal print and I can't wait to wear it! I don't have the patience or imagination for draping, so I am in awe of your skills!

Sheila said...

You are really good at draping and you look fabulous. I am lovin' your gardening, producing great stuff.

Lory said...

I haven't been able to figure out draping, so I definitely admire your talent for it. :):):) The dress is beautiful!

That puppy is precious. :):):)

Hugs,
Lory

laura said...

Very pretty draping! And it looks like everything is growing like crazy at your place from vegetables to dogs! That puppy is indeed bigger and I hate to hurt her feelings but she has some big feet to grow into!!!

Faye Lewis said...

Both projects are very cute. Send me some veggies (lol).

Baklava Bellydance said...

Hey, Angie!

It's Cheryl. I'm with Baklava Bellydance now...we're following your blog. The puppy is so cute!

Baklava Bellydance said...

Hey, Angie!

It's Cheryl. I'm with Baklava Bellydance now...we're following your blog. The puppy is so cute!