Monday, November 9, 2009

Knocking it off dress


I feel in love with this Chanel look last spring.... so instead of making a Chanel jacket I decided to put that time toward knocking this off the best I could....
I am pleased with my results! Fabric from Miami's Rex Fabrics for the top..... and ofcourse fabric for the jacket and skirt... I found a close to perfect match at walmart! Of all places! Add so hip chain belts and here is my knock off! I made the skirt longer than the original.... and no collar on the little jacket... lower neckline on the top... and a bit longer on it too.... I have several other Chanel outfits I want to knock off too... soon as I can find similar fabrics for them! I had fun with this outfit and fun wearing it! Next V8489.... I bought this fabric on a trip to Panama City, Panama. This was an easy pattern and I will use it again in the future.
I added a personal touch to the dress but it didn't photograph at all... asymmetrical from shoulder across the waist and to bottom I hand beaded swarvoski crystal beads and black shell disk beads... nope can't see them at all... it took along time. It looks much better in person. I saw a dress with similar fabric and the hand beading ideal in an old Australian stitches magazine.


I'm working on lots of projects lately... tops, a quilted walk hanging, the belly dance costume...
Just finished a crocheted jacket!!!! and 2 tops!!!


Free Signature Generator

9 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

I love both designs. The print on the second dress is TDF!

Little Sewing Alcove said...

love em both!! great knock-off.

Faye is right...the print is gorgeous on the second dress.

Linda said...

Great looking outfits. The Chanel knock off was very good. So glad you found similar fabric and at Walmart too! Love the second dress as well, as Faye said the print is TDF!

Sheila said...

Both garments are lovely and you look great. Don't you just love scoring fabric at Walmart.

julia said...

i love your Chanel dress! I wish the details showed up on your other dress, because it is beautiful the way it looks. It must be amazing with all the beading, etc...

Carol said...

Love both! The Chanel knock off is perfect and really suits you. I have the dress in my to sew queue.

Sewfast said...

Both outfits are gorgeous! Love your interpretation and style!

Kembree said...

you did so well on the Chanel knockoff! wow! the other dress is cute too...

Becky said...

The Chanel knockoff looks good, but of course I'm more drawn to the second dress because of that great print!!