Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sashiko Machine update and Crochet happenings

So I've been sewing up a storm here! Made 2 shirts last week... one was a button up and it fits!!!! I've not had a button up shirt that fit me since I got implants back in 04!! haha!! and I've been afraid to try and make one... I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get it to fit... but no more!!! There will be many more button ups in my future wardrobe plans!.... more on that when I get a pic of it though... and I'm making a dress this week... also...
For now... check out my darling bolero jacket I made last week too,,, pinstripe navy woven fabric that was sent to me by my mothers friend Gloria... and I sashikoed this cool design with the new Babylock,, and top stitched with it.
Looks sooo pretty.. just loving that sashiko stitch... I didn't take a good pic of the dress I made it with or a pic of the inside of the jacket... its reversible!!! I love reversible clothes... I used a beautiful brocade my mom gave me for the other side (the brocade actually came from China as a gift from my brothers then inlaws.) I will post a pic of the other side and the dress soon.

Crochet.... working on a long sleeve shrug with this beautiful sparkly yarn!


Working on Granny squares for the CAL I joined on Ravelry.com



AND... a couple of weeks ago I finished another sweater... just in time for that terrible weather we had last week! Its super warm!!




Well,,, thats what I've been up too....

Free Signature Generator

4 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Beautiful work. Love the jacket and the sweater and cannot wait to see the shrug.

julia said...

You are always busy!

Becky said...

Mmm....real Chinese brocade! I'm kind of drooling over that. ;)

Andrea said...

You did a beautiful job on this sweater. It's gorgeous.