Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Double Chocolate Mocha Zucchini Brownie Cups

With the ABUNDANCE of squash and zucchini in our garden right now I have been coming up with some creative ways of eating them.... I've made baked zucchini fries (yum!) and a zucchini crisp several times so I decided today I needed to make something different... The thing is it still has to fit into my healthy eating menu so I re did my Zucchini Brownie recipe from last year... which had alot more carbs and a bit more fat! Healthy fats,.. but still!

Double Chocolate Mocha Zucchini Brownie Cups 
2oz. unsweetened dark chocolate or cacao
1 egg
1/2 cup agave nectar (i use the dark raw kind)
1/4 fresh brewed espresso
2 cups of oat flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups shredded zucchini
1/3 cup walnuts
Pre heat oven at 350F. Mix all ingredients. I used my cupcake pans with liners for these. makes for easier clean up and I know exactly what I'm getting! I use an ice cream scoop and only 1 scoop per cup. Bake for about 15 min.
This recipe makes 30 cupcakes.
Calories 89, Fat 4, Carbs 12, Protein 3

These are the perfect size for a snack or small dessert. Most perfect with 2 TBS of Fat free whip cream. They are not super sweet (cause I just don't care for overly sweet stuff) but it you do you may want to add 1/2 cup of another sweetener. I guess useing the oat flour makes these gluten free too!

2 comments:

Rose said...

Yum! Good way to use those zucchini!

Kathy said...

Wow, Zucchini brownies...now that is what I call inventive!!